v0.4.5 (Dec 9, 2018)
- v0.4.5 -- major update
- Completely rewritten in Go. This allows for distributing this executable without dependencies and also a more enjoyable programming experience.
- Added config.toml file which has various options which the user can configure. Also checks to make sure the file format is valid and not corrupted. If it is invalid the user is given the option to reset the config file. (config.toml is heavily commented. Download and read that file for the various options.)
- Added an option in config file to automatically copy game log URLs to the user's clipboard.
- F12 key now functions as a way to rewrite the config file the its defaults.
- F11 key no longer toggles live stat streaming. This option is changed in the config file.
- Username length and replay player username length no longer crash the program. This fix was related to the way C++ reallocates memory for strings depending on how long they are. (Special thanks to Bintr for figuring this out)
- Users logging in to live streams now properly update on the index page.
- Different statuses are now sent to ddstats.com such as In Main Menu, Dagger Lobby, etc.
- A user closing Devil Daggers or ddstats.exe now closes the live stats display on the user's page.
- Stats are now live in the ddstats window. Homing and gems are hidden while the user is playing a game.
- Games where users hit the 'R' key to reset are no longer submitted to the server. This was a decision made on practicality.
- The spawnset hash is now recorded when the user is in the dagger lobby.
- The spawnset hash now uses a proper MD5 hashing algorithm.
- Connection to ddstats.com now properly reconnects on disconnect.
v0.3.1 (July 2, 2018)
- v0.3.1 -- major update
- Added live stats! People can now go to your user page (https://ddstats.com/user/<userid>) and watch your game statistics streaming live. This option can be toggled off using the F12 key.
- Replays are now automatically recorded. No more fussing with the F12. That key has a new purpose, as mentioned above.
- New stats are now submitted to the website: level two time, level three time, level four time, peak homing daggers, & peak enemies alive.
- To copy the link for the most recent game, you simply click the ddstats.exe window.
- The currently used spawnset is hashed and submitted.
- Title and icon added to console window.
- Bug (sorta) fixed where Devil Daggers will sometimes report homing daggers as -1. This is now reported as 0.
- The website now displays the updated statistics. The website is still a work in progress.
v0.2.3 (June 14, 2018)
- v0.2.3 -- minor update
- Game submissions now submit player name since Sorath servers take too long to ping. If you update your name in Steam, all you need to do for it to update on ddstats.com is to play a game.
- Game submissions now submit replay player name as well.
- Attempted to fix issue with drops in Enemy Alive count, still haven't figured out the issue. Seems to be fixed for live games, but replays are still an issue.
- Added user name underneath title.
- Added ability to record replays. To toggle this feature, hit the F12 button and '+r' will show up in the top left of the screen.
- When F12 is pressed, the stats are constantly shown on screen, since you can't cheat during a replay.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect user id sent to server on instant replays.
- Refactored code to be less noodly.
- Fixed bug with stat monitoring.
- Scores no longer submit when under 4.0000 seconds. This is to prevent recording multiple games while user is tilting and angrily smashing the R key.